To ensure robust participation by Lawyers across the country, organizers of the Pro bono reward initiative, Paul Usoro & Co have extended the deadline of submission of entries till 9th of April.
The second edition of the project which opened for participation since the 9th of February has now been extended till the 9th of April, 2018.
The initiative which is open to lawyers between ages of 1-15 years at the Bar is aimed at rewarding the selfless and sacrificial efforts of lawyers who go the extra mile to defend the defenseless, ultimately restoring confidence in and respect to the rule of Law in Nigeria.
This second edition focuses on humanitarian issues, with special attention to Law enforcement agents’ brutality, Gender related issues, and Child abuse.
The 6 most compelling cases will be rewarded with N100,000 each.
The rules for eligibility are stated below:
• Each participant is expected to create a short video (Max 2 mins) which could be shared via Instagram, Facebook or via email ([email protected])
• All video entries via Instagram & Facebook are required to use the hash-tag #PAULUSOROCHALLENGE for the videos to be discovered.
• There will be extra points for Law enforcement agents’ brutality, gender related cases, child abuse and humanitarian matters.
• Past and present PUC lawyers are not allowed to take part in the PU Challenge.
• Participants in the maiden edition of PU Challenge are not also allowed to participate.
• Lawyers who can participate are Members of the Nigerian Bar, of 1-15 years’ experience, who have paid their practicing fees.
• Entries will be selected on a zonal basis (6 geographical zones). There will be 1 winner per zone; for outstanding Pro- Bono cases handled.
• All supporting documents should be sent to a designated email address: [email protected] for verification.
• Follow the Paul Usoro social media accounts for live updates – Twitter: @PaulUsoroSAN; Facebook: Paul Usoro, SAN (Personal) & Page (@pusorosan), Instagram: @paulusoro, LinkedIn: Paul Usoro, SAN.