NBA Elections 2020: ECNBA Issues Guidelines For e-Voting Process
The Electoral Committee of the Nigeria Bar Association (ECNBA) has issued a list of guidelines to voters during the e-voting process for the NBA 2020 elections set to hold tomorrow, July 29, 2020.
In a statement signed by it’s chairman, Tawo E. Tawo, SAN, the ECNBA noted that the elections will start at 11pm on Wednesday July 29 and end at 11pm on Thursday, July 30. The statement reads:
GUIDELINES FOR ELECTRONIC VOTING
- Ballot shall open at 11:00 PM on Wednesday 29th July, 2020 and end at 11:00 PM on Thursday 30th July, 2020 (24 hours).
- Every voter shall receive an Email and/or SMS notification for the declaration of the opening of polls to all eligible voters on the day of the election
- Every voter is expected to click on the personalized voting link provided via the received Email and/or SMS notification;
- The voter would then enter his/her Supreme Court Number beginning with “SCN…” after which the voter would click on the “authenticate” button to proceed;
- The voter would proceed by viewing the list of available positions and candidates and selecting his/her choice of candidate or abstain from voting. A voter must make a choice at this stage;
- The voter would either verify his/her choice made by submitting the ballot or change his/her choice by editing the ballot before submission.
- Upon submission, the voter will receive a ballot submission verification code on the device screen as well as his/her registered email.
- The voter should keep the verification code safe for audit purposes.
Dated this 28th day of July 2020
Tawo E. Tawo, SAN