DASAN Support Group Petitions ECNBA, Calls for Suspension of elections
The Dele Adesina SAN Support Group has petitioned the Electoral Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association, ECNBA, calling for the suspension of the ongoing NBA elections.
In a letter addressed to the ECNBA, Team DASAN cited some noticeable infractions including :
- Failure to release the final voters list within constitutionally prescribed period.
- Over 4000 names were without Branches as required by the NBA Constitution.
3. 86 lawyers were described as belonging to International Diaspora contrary to the provision of the NBA Constitution.
4. Padding of Voters’ list of some Branches, and reduction in the number of published voters’ list of others. An example is Obollo-Afor Branch which has over 661 names on the voters list when the actual voters list is less than 60.
5.Several branches had names of hitherto eligible voters removed from the final list.
6. Several members had their names listed in Branches other than theirs.
7. Many members have reported that they received notification of confirmation of voting when they neither received voting links nor voted.
The letter is available below: