Dele Adesina Petitions ECNBA against the Management of the NBA Elections
Presidential aspirant of the ongoing NBA Elections, Dele Adesona, SAN, has petitioned the Electoral Committe of the Nigerian Bar Association, ECNBA, on the management of the elections.
In a letter addressed to the the ECNBA, Dele Adesina listed the following among others as grave errors noticed before and during the elections:
1. Names of purported Lawyers without Branches ascribed to them from Serial Number 25171 to 29635;
2. Names of Lawyers under the subheading “International Diaspora” from Serial Number 12182 to 12268. A clear violation of the provisions of the Constitution of the NBA;
3. Inflation of the List of some Branches. For instance, Obollo-Afor Branch on the Final List for Verification had only 39 names on the List from Serial Number 30424 to 30462. Strangely, this increased to 662 on the Verified List;
4. Deletion of Names of Members removed from the Final List;
5. Many Members names found their way to Branches other than their own Branch.
The contents of the letter are made available here: