Call for Article Submissions for the Maiden Edition of the Olumuyiwa Olatokunbo Olowokure Essay Competition
Lawyers of no more than five (5) years post-call are invited to submit entries for the maiden edition of the Olumuyiwa Olatokunbo Olowokure Essay Competition.
The essay competition is being organised in memory of the late Olumuyiwa Olatokunbo Olowokure Esq., who tragically passed away on the 18th of March 2019. Olumuyiwa Olatokunbo Olowokure, was a former Chairman of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Kaduna Branch, former member of the NBA N.E.C, and former member of the Council of Legal Education, who served the NBA and promoted the welfare of young lawyers in many capacities for over two decades.
The prize money is as follows:
- N150,000 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) for the best essay,
- N100,000 (One Hundred Thousand Naira) for the runner-up, and
- N70,000 (Seventy Thousand Naira) for the second runner-up
The topic: “Repositioning Nigerian Legal Education for a Globally Competitive Legal Market in the 21st Century”, and the deadline for the submission of entries is September 18, 2020. All essays (two copies of Ms Word and PDF) are to be submitted via email to Oluwatobi@Olowokure.com, in the following format:
- Font size: 12
- Font Type: Calibiri
- Spacing 1.5
- Text alignment: Justified
- Footnotes: Font size 10, Times New Roman
- Word Count: A maximum of 1500 words (excluding footnotes)
All enquiries are to be directed to email@example.com