The Technical Committee on Conference Planning (“TCCP”) of the Nigerian Bar Association (“NBA”) on Thursday confirmed a reduction in fees for the 2019 Annual General Conference (“AGC”) of the NBA.
The TCCP in a statement jointly signed by the TCCP Co-Chair, Mr. Olumide Akpata and the Chairman of the Media Sub-Committee, Mr. Kunle Edun, also confirmed that the main venue for the 2019 AGC would be the Convention Centre at Eko Hotel & Suites while the Harbour Point would serve as an additional venue.
You can read the full statement below:
The Technical Committee on Conference Planning (“TCCP”) of the Nigerian Bar Association (“NBA”) wishes to inform members of the Association and the General Public as follows:
1. The 59th Annual General Conference (“the Conference”) of the NBA is scheduled to hold in Victoria Island, Lagos from the 23rd to the 29th of August, 2019.
2. The Theme of the Conference is “Facing the Future” and it will feature over 30 Technical Sessions at which subject-matter Experts in various fields of human endeavour will lead conversations primarily aimed at envisioning the future of the Legal Profession, within the context of a rapidly changing and evolving world, and anticipate the adaptive measures that practitioners will be required to embrace in light of these imminent changes.
3. The main venue of the Conference will be the Convention Centre of the Eko Hotel & Suites in Victoria Island, Lagos while the Harbour Point Event Centre, also in Victoria Island, will serve as an additional venue.
4. Attendance at the Conference will be open to all members of the NBA as well as the General Public albeit registration for the Conference can only be procured online by visiting the Conference Website: www.nbaconference.com or the NBA Website: www.nba.org.ng from Sunday 26th May, 2019.
5. The prescribed Fees for participation at the Conference (“Conference Fees”) are as follows:
It is to be noted that these Fees represent a significant reduction from the 2018 AGC Early Bird Fees for the different categories of members of the Association.
6. For further information on the Conference, members of the Association and the General Public are enjoined to visit the above mentioned websites or contact the TCCP Help-Desk by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: +234 705 682 7698, +234 803 869 5936 and +234 905 551 5556.
OLUMIDE AKPATA Co-Chairman – TCCP
KUNLE EDUN Chairman – Media & Publicity Sub-Committee